pinterest pin it

Monday, September 21, 2009

Beadwork - Look at what I got

First bead show of the fall is done. I worked at the Rypan Designs booth with Maria Rypan. It was not as busy as in past years, but there were some new beaders as well as some of our old favourites. There was one beader, Sandra Ammerlaan, who came all the way from Holland to attend the show. She took many classes and met many new beading friends. She collected signatures in her copy of the new Toronto Bead Society Calendar.

Here are Maria and Sandra with Maria's article in Beadwork Magazine

Here are the beads that I got to do my Smaug box.

Here are the lampwork beads that purchased.

Red hats by Amy Waldman Smith


Blue Focal Beads by Amy Waldman Smith

Pendant by Deborah Read

Blue cylinder bead by AirWynn Glass Designs

Little glass spacers by AirWynn Glass Designs

I also purchased seed beads to do the Lively links project in the October issue of Bead & Button, crystals and pearls to make the ring in the October issue of Beadwork, three strands of acid etched black quartz, cooper lanterns to finish a necklace, vintage calla lily beads and crystals to make earrings. I purchase more of the Ugandan paper beads.

Look for some completed projects later this week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure a great time was had by all, I would love to attend some time, but my Markets aren't finished until October 11th...great beads you chose...I clicked around to visit the artists.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete