pinterest pin it

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beadwork - Caribbean Blue Necklace

Photobucket
Here is my latest creation. I purchased this set of lampwork beads from Elly Peters at the Toronto Bead Society meeting on Wednesday. I had originally thought about using them to inspire the colours of a box, as I have done with Elly's beads before. As I was looking at them on Friday I remembered that I had some aquamarine Swarovski cubist crystals. I also noticed that there is a very small amount of purple in the lampwork beads so I add some tanzanite AB Swarovski bicones.
I played with creating a bracelet with the crystals, lampwork beads and silver spacers but decided that the lampwork would show better as a necklace. I added the needed length by using some aquamarine Swarovski bicones. With an extender chain I used the extra aquamarine cubist Swarovski crystal to create a dangle to finish the piece.

2 comments: