pinterest pin it

Friday, January 15, 2010

Beadwork - String Quartet necklace

One of the great things about making jewellry for friends and family is that you can make it to fit just right for the person. Of course this also means that you will occasionally will be ask to resize a piece. This is what happened with this piece. I made this a few years ago after taking a class with Melanie Potter. Just before the holidays I was asked to shorten the piece for my friend Susan. This meant totally remaking the piece. It was nice to do this project again as it combines Right Angle Weave and netting.

String quartet necklace

I have used 3 and 4 mm Swarovski pearsl and size 15 seed beads. Once I had shortened the necklace I took the remaining beads and created a bracelet inspired by the necklace.

Quartet Band Bracelet

The resized necklace and bracelet are back with their very happy owner!

1 comment:

  1. I do have to say that is a great deal of work for your...I know you were happy to do it but wow...

    I often resize pieces but my work is not as intricate, delicate or time consuming!!!

    Enjoy your weekend...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete