pinterest pin it

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ottawa Bead Purchases

Before we left Ottawa yesterday we did a tour of some bead stores. Our first stop was the new location of Canada Bead Supplies. I found some great beads and a kumihimo disk.

Beads from Canada Bead Supply

Our next stop was right next door to the just opened The Glass Shoppe Studio  owned by Grace Edwards. We saw the great setup for the lampwork studio where classes will take place. You will be able to watch a class through the window between the studio and Canada Bead Supply. I purchase one of Grace's lampwork beads that will go with the green beads I got a Canada Bead Supply.

Lampwork by Grace Edwards

Our last stop was McBead Creations. Having recently expanded there was a wide variety of bead to see. I found some bugles to use for snowflakes, pressed glass ovals for stringing, lentil beads and some seed beads. 

 McBead Creation purchases

After leaving McBead Creation Maria and I headed back home to Toronto. It was great to visit Ottawa and spend time with fellow beads, but it is good to be back home.

Here are some other bead purchases made during our time in Ottawa. From our Sunday dinner host, Carole Tillman, some great lampwork beads.

 Carole Tillman's lampwork

In addition I have bead purchase from our first day stop at Dragon's Lair Beads. Spacers, angel wings, delicas, seed beads and crystals.

beads from Dragon's Lair

I hope the create a number of projects using some of my purchase during the rest of my time off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment