pinterest pin it

Friday, November 5, 2010

Flashback Friday - Loomwork

Two week ago I posted about an artist trading card I made. It was my most recent loomwork piece. I looked back and found this picture of my second loomwork piece. I used a needle work pattern for the celtic knot medallion. The other section are modified patterns from Maria Rypan's loomwork class. This was a piece that I made without thinking about how it would wear. It is great to look at but I don't wear it.

 

My third piece I did a couple of years later to refresh my skills so I could help Maria teach loomwork to a new group of beaders. This time I did not want to worry about pattern, just technique. I used a seed bead mix which I embellished with pressed glass flowers. 

For added texture on the fringe I added some of the flowers using coralling. This is a much more wearable piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment