pinterest pin it

Friday, November 26, 2010

Flashback Friday - Victorian Ornaments

Ornament covers are always popular. Back in December 2004 this design appeared in Bead and Button magazine. I loved the swags and the crystals. I changed the larger bi-cones with cubes.

There were a few challenges with these ornaments. The first was understanding the instructions and correcting the number of crystals listed in the supply list. With this cover completely encasing the ornament I needed to figure out a way to hold it for the finishing. I rigged a way to hang in from my desk light.

Here are two that I have in my collection.

 
Here is the one I gave Maria, as hanging on her tree.

1 comment:

  1. I think the cubes make more impact. These ornaments look sensational on Maria's tree. Wonderful adaption!

    ReplyDelete