pinterest pin it

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Starry night necklace

Starry night by Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favourite paintings. I have never seen it in person, but for many years I had a print of it hanging in my living room. I love the mix of blues and yellows.

I recently ordered some polymer clay beads from Humble Beads. There was a set of 10 disc beads inspired by the painting as well as a 6 hole spacer bead inspired by it too. I purchased both and they arrived in the mail last week.

I have played with a few ideas and have finally decided to use the spacer as a pendant and add Swarovski cubes and pearls to the project. I have also decided to use the knotting technique that I learned at Creativ Festival last fall. Now I am off to complete and photograph it.

Later ... Well knotting between the beads did not look great. I think I need to practice more with the technique before using it in a project.

So I just strung the selected beads on beading wire and added a large silver spring clasp. I like the finished necklace and look forward to wearing it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment