pinterest pin it

Friday, February 25, 2011

Flashback Friday - Celtic Glass Knot

I like the look of Celtic knots. I have done them in cross stitch and loomwork. I had some beautiful pewter Celtic knot beads, one of which was a ring. I wanted to create a necklace using a length of silk cord. I saw some great lampwork beads at Susan Stortini's booth at a show that looked like knots.  I knew that they would look great with the pewter beads. But she did not have them in the colour I was wanting to use, a heather purple. Once I explained what I was looking for she offered to make in the colour I wanted. Shortly after the show I got my beautiful heather purple glass knot beads.

Here is the necklace using just the silk cord and four of the glass knot beads.


Here is a bracelet with the pewter Celtic knot beads accented with lampwork beads and a few Swarovski cyrstals.

No comments:

Post a Comment