pinterest pin it

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bag of Beads Challenge

It is time again for the Toronto Bead Society's Bag of Beads Challenge. This year's bag included seed beads, bugles, pearls, faceted beads, chain, feathers and a butterfly. 
OMG! What am I going to make with these!
For a month I did not know what I was going to do. I had an idea for the butterfly based on a ring that Kelly Osborne wore on a red carpet show for the Grammys.

It was not until I was at the Thursday class with Diane Fitzgerald in March that I got an idea of what else to make. Fellow beader Colleen was wearing a beaded pendant that used bugles and seed beads. I played with the given beads and created this peyote stitch tube that holds three of the feathers.
Full view of pendant that will be worn on a length of the chain
Detail view of the pendant
Tonight was the presentation night for the bag of beads. As always it was an amazing night of inspiring beadwork.
Some favourites

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the closeup photo of your pendant, I'm glad for the change to see it in greater detail! And thanks also for including my art paper doll as one of your favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete