pinterest pin it

Monday, June 4, 2012

Whoooo! Whoooo! Owl Inspiration

I have a long love affair with owls. It has exploded into my beading with the following pieces and beads.

The first is this necklace with a trio of owls. I was give a strand of the beautiful ceramic owl beads. I combined them with silver, crystal and fire polished beads. This is the Owl Babies necklace, named for a favourite story time book.
 
I have also been buying handmade glass owl beads.

My first was from Lucie Kovarova-Weir. She customized it with a book charm.
 Next I got this fun owl from Amy Waldman-Smith.
 At the last Christmas One of a Kind show, I purchased this one from Leslie Winemaker.
On the Saturday of the recent Toronto Bead Society Bead fair I purchased an owl from glass artist Muriel Duval. I took it home, but brought it back on Sunday to look for beads to go with it. Unfortunately its tail got damaged. I went back to Murial's booth and she kindly exchanged it for this one.
At bead fair I was given a small brown paper bag from that Susan Hood (from Nova Soctia) had sent for me. Inside were these two little beads.
Susan had made them based on a photo of Dottie, my sock owl, which I use as my avatar on Facebook. I was a great surprise to receive this from Susan. Thanks Susan!!!
Of course my obession for owls would not be complete without combining it with my box obession. I recently purchased Julia's pattern for an owl box. I started it at Bead Fair when I was demoing circular peyote (as used on the bottom of each box). I will work on it once I have finished by projects for the Designer Style Challenge.

2 comments: