pinterest pin it

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Rita" Rondelle Zigzag Necklace

Teal "Rita" Rondelle Zigzag
I was finally able to finish the full length teal version of the necklace.  To add the closure to the teal necklace I went to Maria's so we were able to ensure that it was the perfect length for her to wear. The finishing touch is the addition of a beautiful Italian silver clasp.
Heart closure detail
I also did a sample length in a beautiful silver lined raspberry.
Silver lined raspberry version
Here is the black version that I stitched back in summer during one of beading dinners in High Park.
Classic black version
Maria Rypan is teaching this project on Friday morning at the Creativ Festival. We will also have a limited number of the kits available at the booth (717).
All three colour variation
Having been in the zigzag groove, I started my own version of the design using 3mm fire polished instead of the mini rondelles. I was able to get this finished as well. I will wear this to the Awards Gala on the Saturday night.
Iris Zigzag

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous, Jo-Ann... and you must be very disciplined to be able to do the same weave several times over in different colours! Good luck at the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got a sneak peak at Jo-Ann's Zigzag!! Very cool. Monique's right about discipline. However, this particular pattern is so cool, it keeps you moving at lightning speed.

    ReplyDelete