pinterest pin it

Friday, July 5, 2013

Jean Power class update

Wow, it has been two weeks since I spent the weekend taking classes with British bead artist Jean Power.

I have actually finished two of the projects that I started during the classes.

Friday's class was the Zinnia Flower class. Once I started working on it at home I finished up the petals at the front of the flower.

For the back layer of petals I switch the placement of the colours. The blue is main colour of the petals with an edge of silver.

Here is the back of the flower. With the band across the back you can wear it in many ways. I think this will look great pinned to my grey winter coat. Or I may make the beaded chain which was include in our instructions.

On Sunday we started our geometric stars. I would have gotten further along in class if I had not run into problems with my counting.

I completed the last two sides and zipped them together to the other three.

I am looking to do a series of these stars with just changes in the placement of the colours as I did with my sea anemone boxes.  I am using the same colours for the stars.

Happy Beading!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm jealous of the class you got to take with Jean Power!! Your pieces look awesome. I have two three dimensional star tutorials that I swear I will make one of these days. Your star is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Jean was a great teacher. I am hoping to make a series of stars.

      Delete
  2. Love these!
    It was so lovely to meet you and get to spend all those days with you

    Jean

    ReplyDelete