pinterest pin it

Friday, July 26, 2013

Vacation Beading - Day 1

Summer is almost half over and I am taking a short vacation from work. I am hoping to do some beading everyday while I am off. So here is day 1!

Yesterday evening my friend Anna and I took a class at BeadFXPamela Kearns was teaching the Shooting Stars beaded bead from Crystal Play by Anna Elizabeth Draeger.
Class sample, beaded by Pam
Using 2 sizes of Swarovski crystals and seed beads you combine right-angle weave and netting to make this fun and sparkly gem.

I used Dark Red Coral and Jet Swarovski bicones along with galvanized silver seed beads.

It makes a simple but elegant pendant.

I am looking forward to trying other projects from the book.

Happy Beading!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pendant, Jo-Ann, looks like it could have great range of looks depending on how few/many colours you limit yourself to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monique. In the class we talk about using different colours where the jet crystals are and green where the red ones are, to make it look like flowers. Great way to use leftover crystals.

      Delete