pinterest pin it

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Poppy Vase - revised

Over the holiday season I decided to work on a variation of the Poppy Vase from Julia Pretl's website.  I did the original version back in early 2013. It was a gift for my friend Nora, as she started her new job.

Original version

Having completed an inventory of my delica I decided to do a vase with purple flowers. I also changed the background colour to a pale lavendar and the olive green in the leaf to a silver-lined lawn green.

Base of vase

Leaves almost done

Leaves done

Start of flowers

Flowers done and ready to start hem

Completed Vase
During the working of the hem in the original I broke two needles and many beads.  I was lucky that I only broke two beads early in this project.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and creative new year!

5 comments:

  1. I think I like the purple "poppies" even more, Jo-Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monique! I think I might try a more orange-red poppy next.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love, love, love!!! It is one of my goals this year to do more structured pieces like this! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Julia Pretl's Little bead boxes and Jean Power's Geometric Beadwork.

      Delete