|Julia's Turtle Boxes|
Once I had finished some of my unfinished projects and up coming challenge pieces I was able to look at starting one of the boxes. I decided to start with the medium turtle box is the colours Julia used.
|Start of the base|
|Start of the shell lid|
So it was back to the base to attach the head with a spacer from Unicorne for the neck. I had to play with what bead to use for the turn around. A simple seed bead was too small, crystal did not sit in place the way I would like, so I used a drop bead. Looks like a nose on the turtle.
|Head and feet added to the base|
|Feet up view|
With the base completed it was back to the shell lid. This was a challenge as it has to be worked in such a way that it will accomodate the head. I had to undo a row and a half once I realized that I had misread the instructions.
Here is the finished shell lid.
Three views of the finished turtle.
|Head on view|
|Side view 1|
|Side view 2|
Hope to have a family of turtles completed soon.