pinterest pin it

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop Reveal

Once again it is time to use some of the beads the I have in my hoard collection. Lori Anderson is once again hosting the Bead Hoarders Blog Hop, challenging artisans to create something wonderful with beads from our stash. I did this challenge last summer with four different sets of lampwork beads.

This year I decided to start with some beautiful urchin beads by Kathi Mohlman. I purchased them last summer from her etsy shop Earth and Elements Pottery. I used the turquoise & brown urchin beads with the Beaded Bead Sea Urchin I made from Marcia DeCoster's Bead Opulence book.
 I still had the beautiful blue set of urchin beads and decided to use them for this challenge.

I combined these beautiful blue beads with some matte black cultured sea glass barrel beads and some rondelles. Here is the finished necklace.
Keeping with the blue theme I found some blue and white beads that I have had for a number of years. I don't even remember where them came from.

 I added some clear blue & white opaque discs and silver tone bead caps. Here is the finished necklace.



Take some time to hop around and see what amazing creations other artisans have created. Here is the list of fellow partipants.

Thanks to Lori for hosting this hop!

Happy Beading!

21 comments:

  1. Very nice. Interesting that so many hop participants chose to work with blue....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! If I say "love, love, love" will it sound overdone? Still, it is true. I love brown and turquoise and I love the urchin bead. And I love it all paired together. Now I have gone over the top! Beautiful and delightful. I am inspired. Oh and there is more. The two other pieces are quite lovely but you wowed me with the first necklace. I am sure you will enjoy your new jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh so pretty! the beaded urchin is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a wonderful job with all your treasures !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sea urchin piece the best. It is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic! Beautiful and brilliant designs! Love the color palates too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hoarding some of those urchins as well, haven't yet been able to do them justice. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those urchin beads are very, very cool. The color, the texture, the size...loving them. Nice designs - they show off the beads very well indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely designs. And thanks for sharing the source of the beads. So I can maybe grab some for my stash. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the urchin necklace, so unique. Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, the urchin beads I just wrote about recently! I love them! Lucky you! You did a fabulous job all the way around.


    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/, and join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo-Ann, All three of your designs are lovely. It is hard for me to pick a favorite. The black really makes the blue urchins pop. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I adore the lampwork urchins together with Marcia's pattern. I keep meaning to try that one - your finished piece is really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pieces! Those urchin beads are wonderful, and I LOVE your beaded urchin bead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful cool and soothing blues. I would definitely hoard those urchin beads. Excellent use of your stash, gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw Lori's comment about the urchin beads... and I have no memory of seeing them before ..lol but they're lovely! you did a wonderful job with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous pieces of jewelry. I'm not sure whether I like the necklace or bracelet best. They are both beautiful. I find myself leaning towards the bracelet with the very cool sea urchin beads. I love the combination with the matte black beads. Great designs....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great designs! I am totally in love with those urchin beads and how you used them,

    ReplyDelete